When you live in a state like Utah the arrival for summer is especially exciting since we barely get three good months of warm, sunny weather. The long hours of summer sunlight mean extra time to spend outside with friends and family or even just time for yourself. It’s a great opportunity to reenergize the mind, body and soul. And all while disconnecting from electronics (yup, put the smartphone down for a few hours).
Here’s a few things I’d like to do this summer:
- Get a drink of water right from the hose
- Eat watermelon and spit out the seeds (not easy to find one with seeds anymore)
- Buy fresh corn on the cob from a farmers market or street side vendor
- Go camping (it’s on my 2014 bucketlist)
- Go hiking (also on bucketlist)
- Throw a Frisbee in the park
- Drink a cold root beer from a chilled bottle
- Have a water balloon fight (outside of course)
- Spend a day at a lake or at the beach (try Standup Paddleboarding)
- Go to the drive-in movies
Most of these activities are free or relatively inexpensive to do.
What activities do you look forward to or plan to do this summer?