Never stop learning. Advice heard over and over again. As part of my 30-Day “Do More” Challenge, I’ve placed a higher importance on developing a habit of daily learning through reading books. No, my goal of 15 minutes a day isn’t some amazing feat; It wasn’t meant to be. It was meant to get me back in the habit… every single day.
This got me thinking about business books I’ve read, and ones I want to read.
Here’s my list:
- Think Big, Act Bigger: The Reward of Being Relentless, by Jeffrey Hayzlett
- I’m halfway through this book and I love it!
- The Challenger Customer, by Pat Spencer and Nick Toman
Favorites from earlier in my career:
- Marketing Outrageously, by Jon Spoelstra
- Having started out my career in sports marketing this continues to be one of my favorite books of all time.
- 22 Immutable Laws of Branding, by Al Reis and Laura Reis
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR, by David Meerman Scott
What’s next (to name a few):
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content, by Ann Handley
- Ditch, Dare, Do: 3D Personal Branding for Executives, by William Arruda
If you are looking for a marketing book to get started I’d recommend The New Rules of Marketing and PR. If you want a general business book, with plenty of application for your personal life, Think Big, Act Bigger! – for sure.
Tell me about any books you’d recommend.