Expressing thanks and showing gratitude should be a year round attribute that we exhibit. This week is just an additional opportunity to articulate our thankfulness.
In that spirit I share a small sample of what I’m grateful for:
- An amazing wife who has makes me a better person
- Two high school teenagers that keep me well grounded
- Two Elementary school age kids that keeping me imagining and dreaming
- A mother who always believed in me, and who is dearly missed
- Siblings who drive me crazy and I love them for it
- Cousins who have always treated me like a brother
- The Brazilian side of our family who treats me like a native and not just a gringo
- Strong beliefs and values that give me hope and knowledge of what’s truly important
- Good friends – one who pushes me to be stronger, one who helps me dream of new opportunities, and one who keeps me humble by destroying me in racquetball each week
- A job where I both excel and am challenged daily
- Physical and mental health – minus a few aches and pains
- Ibuprofen for those occasional aches and pains
- Contact lenses – without which life would be a blurry
- Advances in food science that make Whey Protein that actually tastes good
- An only 25-minute commute – albeit 40 minutes to get home due to rush hour traffic
- The view from my office window – spectacular!
- Travel – that has enriched my life and given me a glimpse of the diversity and beauty this world has to offer
- Spikeball – it’s like volleyball for those of us under 6 feet tall
- Rockstar® lemonade – Only 20 calories with no carbonation. Just the boost I need some days
- Chocolate – alright this isn’t for me, it makes my wife happy. And that makes us all happy
- 2-ply toilet paper.
- Technology that makes life simpler… and sometimes more complicated
- The Wasatch Mountains that provide a picturesque backdrop to where I work and live
- A good night’s sleep – invaluable!
“Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” – Robert Braathe